Page 2 of 312 Results 11 - 20 of 3112

 Subject  Date  Description
Acomb 07 December 1901 New machinery installed at Acomb Colliery included a double-ram pump capable of pumping 40,000 gallons of water per hour.
Acomb 09 January 1904 Messrs. William Wood & Son of Hexham, owners of the Tynedale Colliery, near Acomb, sold it and the surrounding coalfield. Mr. Wood had started boring some five years before and subsequently sank a shaft, from which coal was drawn on a limited scale.
Acomb 15 December 1906 Acomb Prize Band gathered in the Queen?s Arms to mark the 30 years that veteran bandsman John Henderson had played in the band.
Acomb 03 May 1913 All 120 employees of Tynedale Colliery in Acomb were invited to supper at the White Hart Hotel, Hexham, to celebrate the wedding of the managing director.
Acomb 04 February 1925 Hexham Rural Council heard a complaint of unsanitary conditions in a field near Acomb Steadings, where a shaft was being sunk. There was no sanitation and in close proximity were two bell tents occupied by three adults, a youth, four younger children, two dogs, some ferrets and a monkey.
Acomb 06 September 1926 Men resumed work at Acomb Colliery, with the commencement of work in real earnest.
Acomb 14 September 1926 Miners returned to Acomb Colliery after accepting the owner?s terms. A lot of development work had been carried out that would create even more jobs in the mine.
Acomb 18 June 1927 Recreation Hall at Acomb opened.
Acomb 18 February 1930 Tenders were invited to take down the Salmon?s Well Monument, only a year after it was built.
Acomb 29 July 1933 The Youth Hostel at Acomb, the first in Northumberland, is opened, converted from an old barn.

Page 2 of 312 Results 11 - 20 of 3112